Current Job Openings
The Texas Democratic Party is hiring! Check out our career openings:
|Coordinated Campaign Director||Austin, TX|
|County Services Coordinator||Austin, TX|
|Digital Organizing Director||Austin, TX|
|Executive Assistant||Austin, TX|
|Legal Intern||Austin, TX|
|Operations Assistant||Austin, TX|
|Part Time| Video Editing and Training Content Manager||Austin, TX|
|Press Secretary||Austin, TX|
|Research Director||Austin, TX|
|Regional Organizing Manager||Austin, TX|
Coordinated Campaign Director
The Texas Democratic Party is currently seeking a top-tier, self-motivated, and innovative Coordinated Campaign Director. This person will oversee, support and ensure coordination between the teams representing our core programs: candidate services, county services, training, voter protection, and our statewide organizing program.
Specifically, the Coordinated Campaign Director will:
- Oversee, manage, and lead inter-team planning between the directors leading teams comprising the Coordinated Campaign effort: the TDP’s statewide organizing program, candidate services, county party support, voter protection, and training;
- Work with director-level direct-reports to develop staffing plans and oversee recruitment of diverse coordinated campaign staff to execute the campaign program;
- Develop and supervise overall voter-contact strategy, including but not limited to voter-identification, voter-registration, and get-out-the-vote drives;
- Work with Data / Analytics team to set data-driven goals and develop a system to track progress to goals;
- Foster relationships with national organizations (i.e. DSCC, DCCC, DNC, and national allied organizations) that financially and strategically support the Plan’s goals and objectives;
- Engage existing partner organizations and new activist organizations to integrate their programs and volunteer capacity into the coordinated campaign;
- Build communication structures to collaborate, share information, and track progress toward goals with partnering campaigns, local parties, and state and national allies;
- Regularly update and offer guidance to statewide campaign slate;
- Oversee and manage the coordinated budget, working with Compliance to ensure adherence to state and federal campaign finance rules and regulations;
- Research, suggest, and implement new and innovative systems or tools that enhance the coordinated campaign;
- Support the senior leadership team in effectively communicating the goals, objectives, and progress of the coordinated plan to donors, the press, party leaders, and other stakeholders;
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts for paid services;
- Oversee and develop a statewide GOTV plan to support Democrats up and down the ticket.
The Coordinated Campaign Director will report to the Deputy Executive Director.
- At least 3 cycles (a) in a leadership role on a campaign for public office, or (b) as staff for a party organization, aligned organization, or a coordinated campaign;
- Proven track record of effective recruitment, management, and development of diverse staff;
- Experience managing large multi-department and/or multi-level staffing structures;
- Ability to speak, write, and communicate effectively to staff, and partners of different backgrounds and experience as well as the public at large;
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, and maintain a positive attitude;
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, complete projects under tight deadlines, and maintain a positive attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized;
- Time management skills are a must;
- Proficiency in campaign and general technology including NPGVAN, Google Apps, Hustle, Microsoft Office apps, etc.;
- An absolute commitment to complete the 2020 cycle at the Texas Democratic Party.
Exceptional candidates have:
- Texas ties and / or battleground state experience
- Intentionality when developing a thriving, healthy internal team culture
- Demonstrated skill at setting and communicating priorities
- Familiarity with Federal and State financial compliance
- Experience with field or organizing (such as targeting, training, voter identification, and get-out-the-vote drives)
- Record of working with national, state and local political players engaged in electoral strategies and programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different types of stakeholders, from high level elected officials to grassroots activists
- Reliable Transportation
- A reliable laptop
- A reliable cell phone
Compensation: Salary is negotiable. Position will include medical and vision insurance benefits at no cost to the Coordinated Campaign Director. This is a full-time, cycle-only position; there should be no expectation of employment beyond November 2020.
How to Apply: To apply, please fill out the following form TxDem.co/Apply-Coordinated-Campaign
County Services Coordinator
Texas is the biggest battleground state in the country, and Texas Democrats are poised to win. The polls are showing Donald Trump loses to a Democratic champion and we are in a dead heat for the United States Senate.
The Texas Democratic Party is hiring a County Services Coordinator, to work within the Texas Democratic Party’s dynamic County Services Department.
County parties are the primary engines and facilitators of local Democratic mobilization, and in 2020 they will be essential partners in our pursuit of statewide victory. From assisting with party administration to building paid and volunteer-driven voter contact programs for county parties, the County Services Team is the service provider and trusted partner of Texas’ Democratic county parties.
The County Services Coordinator, based in Austin, would serve county parties by:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for county chairs and Democratic clubs based in strategically targeted parts of Texas;
- Build volunteer and voter engagement programs for certain counties;
- Working with the Candidate Services team to identify potential county candidates;
- Working with the Data team to provide county-level data analysis projecting voter registration and GOTV opportunities;
- Building budgets and finance plans for voter engagement programs for strategic counties;
- Assisting in building coordinated campaign program plans for strategic counties;
- Tracking metrics and programmatic reporting on the local level, setting benchmarks and goals for programs;
- Meeting internal department goals; and
- Completing additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the County Services Director
Preferred qualifications for the County Services Coordinator position include:
- At least two election cycles of managing a field program as a Field Director (candidate campaign, independent expenditure effort, or labor union);
- Texas ties and / or battleground state experience
Send resume, cover letter to [email protected] using the subject line: “County Services Coordinator: (First Name, Last Name)”.
Digital Organizing Director
The Digital Organizing Director will play an essential role in the Texas Democratic Party’s statewide organizing infrastructure. This person will be responsible for developing the plan for and oversee all digital organizing efforts, including: texting, email, and volunteer event management. In addition, this person will work closely with organizers around the state, to support their digital organizing efforts, and ensure consistency and efficiency in their digital programming.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and troubleshoot in support of the TDP organizing team, candidates and other party stakeholders a suite of digital organizing platforms, including:
- Hustle, and/or other text message platforms,
- NGPVAN Virtual Phone Banks and other dialer programs,
- Relational organizing tools,
- And more.
- Clean-up, organize and utilize the Texas Democratic Party’s MyCampaign database.
- Work collaboratively with the political team to write scripts and copy for digital outreach including, text messages, emails, phone bank scripts, and more.
- Work with the organizing director to recruit for, support and supplement in-person organizing events.
- Develop and propose new tactics and platforms to connect with volunteers and voters in the state.
- Work with the data and political teams to accomplish the goals of the statewide program and test new engagement strategies.
- Must have at least one cycle of distributed organizing and/or digital organizing experience (two cycles preferred).
- Familiarity with MobilizeAmerica, ActionKit, VAN and MyCampaign, Hustle.
- Experience with other organizing tools a plus.
- Experience working as part of a coordinated campaign is a plus.
- This position is based in Austin, TX.
- Must have a reliable laptop and phone for the job
- Maintains schedules for Executive and Deputy Executive Director
- Point person for calendar questions about these staff
- Manages logistics for travel for Executive and Deputy Executive Director
- Prepares agendas for internal and external meetings
- Works with department heads to prepare briefings for meetings
- Communicates with allies and constituencies to facilitate meetings
- First point of contact with allied groups for scheduling requests
- Coordinates with fundraising department to schedule and manage donor meetings
- Assists with event planning
- Highly organized and detail-oriented professional
- Familiarity with GSuite programs
- Multi-tasker who can manage several projects at once
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Ability to work odd hours and weekends
- Familiarity with Texas politics and personalities
- Acquainted with allied groups
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Legal Interns. Slots are available per semester or one longer internship from now through Election Day 2020. Applicants should be in the third year of law school or post-bar exam. Interns will gain hands-on experience working at the direction of the Texas Democratic Party’s General Counsel. Successful applicants can work anywhere in Texas provided that they can provide their own workspace and computer or at the statewide headquarters located in Austin. This is not just another paper-pushing internship — you will learn about litigation and legal issues involving elections, campaigns, campaign finance, and voting rights. As part of our legal efforts, you will help to elect Democrats up and down the ballot across the entire state of Texas. Interns will be asked to do legal research and writing, legal document edits, coordinate with local democratic party groups, assist in pending cases and perform other legal tasks. To apply, please send your resume, a writing sample and cover letter to [email protected]. Interns will receive a small stipend and must be eligible to receive college credit. No calls, please.
The Operations Assistant assists the Director of Operations and the Office Manager with the planning and logistics needed by the staff of the Texas Democratic Party. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with an overdeveloped sense of teamwork who can take on projects, problem solve against roadblocks and see them through to completion.
Major responsibilities will include strictly monitoring the onboarding of all new employees to ensure a smooth transition. This will include the entire process from offer letter to paperwork to setting up accounts, ordering business cards and making sure all items for payroll are received and vetted. Other responsibilities will include assisting with employee reimbursements, tracking of hours required by compliance authorities and processing receipts in accordance with compliance requirements.
Candidates should have professional experience and be comfortable with GSuite, and able to learn new systems quickly. The utmost professionalism and discretion is required for this position. You can expect to experience long hours during certain time frames, and occasional weekend work is required.
Part Time: Video Editing and Training Content Manager
Reports to the Training Director
The video editing and training content manager will be an integral part of the Texas Democratic Party’s training team. This individual will set up the studio, film and edit all video content for the training department. In addition, they will be asked to develop additional content as needed, including one pagers, formatting slide decks, and adding captions to videos.
- Reviewing shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on content and contribution to continuity.
- Working with staff and content experts to plan, manage and film-specific videos and sections for videos.
- Edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience, including: trimming footage segments and put together the sequence for each training/video.
- Input music, graphics, and effects.
- Work with interns to create transcripts and add captions to all training videos.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven experience as a video editor
- Some experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- A reliable laptop
- A reliable cell phone
Must have a functional laptop that is capable of doing this work and able to run Premiere Pro.
This position is based in Austin, TX.
Salary: Compensation is $2,000/month.
Please note, this is a cycle-only job, and will end after the election in Nov. 2020.
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking a press secretary to join our communications team in Austin, Texas. We’re looking for a communications professional who is passionate about fighting Trump Republicans in Texas, electing Democrats up and down the ballot, working on the ground to build Texas Democratic Party infrastructure, and shouting “Texas is the biggest battleground state.”
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Interact with press and media outlets to develop news articles, promote the Democratic platform, and garner interest in candidates and campaigns;
- Help with media training and messaging guidance for local county parties and our candidates;
- Tell the story of Texas Democrats;
- Write press releases and media advisories;
- Media tracking on statewide candidates;
- Coordinate state press events, field interview requests with Party staff;
- Evaluate current events, news opportunities, and media trends;
- Drafting memos, talking points, and rapid response documents;
- Monitoring election activity around the state;
- Cultivate and manage press lists, both locally and nationally;
- Update website, social media when needed;
- Performing additional specific research responsibilities, as directed by the senior brand director and communications director.
- Understanding of Texas media markets and media norms;
- Analytical and communications skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with writing, editing and speaking abilities;
- Ability to manage multiple projects;
- Works well under pressure.
The press secretary will report to the communications director while working with digital, finance, voter protection, and political departments. Some travel required. Applicants must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Salary is $50k.
Apply for job: txdem.co/PressSecJob
Regional Organizing Manager
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking highly motivated Regional Organizing Managers to help ensure Democratic victories across the state. The Texas Democratic Party’s grassroots infrastructure spans all corners of the state and is working to energize and empower local committees to deliver Democratic victories up and down the ticket in 2020 and beyond.
We are looking to hire Regional Organizing Managers for the following regions: North Texas, Greater Eastern Texas, South Texas, the DFW Metroplex, Central Texas, the Greater Houston area.
- Manage, train, and coach a team of Field Organizers, who will in turn recruit and manage volunteer teams
- Identify and communicate regional needs up the chain of command to statewide Organizing Leadership
- Develop multi-phase Regional Organizing Plans for organizer and volunteer development in assigned area
- Oversee regional online and digital organizing program for volunteer engagement and voter contact
- Communicate with local clubs and activists, and work with local party infrastructure
- Communicate with campaign staff and candidates in your region
- Execute the statewide strategy within your region
- Meet voter contact and persuasion goals within your region
- Submit reports for your activities on a regular basis, and by a specific deadline
- Oversee timely and accurate reporting by all your staff
- Work with regional political staff to assist in the management of constituency outreach activities in your region
- 1 to 2 cycles of campaign experience
- A valid driver’s license required and reliable transportation
- Experience training and coaching staff and volunteers on a daily basis
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Great organizational and communication skills with a strong commitment to follow-up
- Strategic thinking and planning abilities
- Ability to execute strategic goals and work effectively with state and local leaders
- Ability to track and report regional activity in an accountable structure
- Experience with Voter Activation Network or Vote builder (preferred but not required)
Salary range: $3,500 – $4,000/month. Position will include medical and vision insurance benefits at no cost to the Regional Organizer. This is a cycle only job, there should be no expectation of employment beyond November 2020.
Click here to apply for this position: txdem.co/Regional-Organizer-app
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking a research director to join our messaging team in Austin, Texas. We’re looking for a researcher who is passionate about fighting Trump Republicans in Texas and working on the ground to build Texas Democratic Party infrastructure.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Executing short- and long-term research goals
- Fact-checking all public communications
- Drafting memos, talking points, and rapid response documents
- Monitoring election activity around the state
- Managing research staff
- Performing background checks
- Performing additional specific research responsibilities, as directed
- 2+ years of experience in political research
- Analytical and communications skills
- Experience with LexisNexis, government databases, congressional and legislative vote analyses, and other relevant databases
- Experience compiling databases, and searching media, courthouse, campaign finance, public record, corporate and business filings, and tracking research into research books
- Bachelor’s degree
The research director will report to the senior brand director and work in collaboration with the communications, digital, finance, operations, and political departments. Some travel required. Applicants must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Legal experience a plus.
Send resume, cover letter to [email protected] using the subject line: “Research Director: (First Name, Last Name)”. Salary is $55k-60k, commensurate with experience.
Fellowship: Resume Bank
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking a part-time, self-motivated, and ready to learn fellow in its Candidate Services Department. This fellow will be responsible for designing and executing the construction of a resume bank for Democratic operatives seeking work in Texas and employers scouting for talent. The fellowship will run for three months, and applicants must have access to a laptop with the appropriate capacity to do this work. They will report to the Candidate Services Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing and managing intake of a resume collection bank (in a platform such as Airtable) that can be used by employers seeking talent
- Periodic maintenance of said resume bank to remove irrelevant entries
- Solicitation of new resume entries from a diverse array of local and out-of-state operatives
- Organizing remote “career services” events for resume submissions
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Experience working in and maintaining data within database platforms such as or similar to Airtable
- At least one cycle of campaign experience
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail
This will be a part-time, temporary fellowship. Fellows do not need to receive college credit for their work, but they must be students at an accredited university or college. The fellow will work no more than 20 hours per week and be paid a flat fee for the entirety of their work. The pay level will depend on their year of university.
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Political Interns. Interns will gain hands-on experience working at the Texas Democratic Party’s statewide headquarters located in Austin. This is not just another paper-pushing internship — you will learn about modern political campaigns and play a role in our coordinated campaign effort to elect Democrats up and down the ballot across the entire state of Texas. Interns will be asked to research campaign districts, help create campaign plans, contribute to our communications strategy, and help plan and execute candidate training. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Interns will receive a small stipend and must be eligible to receive college credit. No calls, please.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.