The Texas Democratic Party is currently seeking applications for an Executive Director. The Executive Director will oversee all programs, manage the senior staff team, lead the Party’s activities in elections and coordinated campaigns, oversee the financial health of the party, and fulfill other statutory requirements of the Texas Democratic Party. The Executive Director will report to the State Party Chair.
- Serve as chief strategist and tactical executive;
- Manage and oversee the work of all staff, including day-to-day management of senior staff teams. Recruits, interviews, and hires all staff;
- Responsible for creation and implementation of the annual budget, with SDEC along with the Chairman. Work with the Finance and Operations Teams to manage the organization’s finances, track income and expenditures, maintain records and accounts, sign and negotiate contracts;
- Maintain close working relationships with various partners including, but not limited to — SDEC, DNC, DCCC, DSCC, DGA, DLCC, NDRC, ASDC, and ASDED as well as other national and local partners as allowed by law;
- Work closely with the Chair to manage political relationships in-state and around the country with partners & allies, the SDEC, County Chairs, etc;
- Manage internal and external communications of the Texas Democratic Party — play a strategic role in developing the voice of the Party and branding Texas Democrats;
- Development of communications and messaging with the Chair, Staff, SDEC, Elected Officials, Candidates, and County Parties.
- Implement strategy and processes of the Chair and leadership of the Party effectively and expediently;
- Serves as spokesperson as appropriate;
- Supports the creation, building, and growing of the county parties throughout the state;
- Partners with the fundraising staff, Chair, Officers, Finance Committee, and donors to create a robust apparatus for fundraising and cultivating large and small donors
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Proven track record of at least 5 years serving as a senior staff member, preferably Executive Director, to a large scale organization in the progressive movement
- Significant experience in Texas politics and deep relationships in Texas progressive political space
- Experience and comfort serving as fundraising principal for organization; comfortable asking for and securing significant donations
- Excellent project management and ability to multitask, overseeing a number of projects concurrently and successfully
- Strong, compassionate manager who has experience managing a large staff in politics from diverse backgrounds, with varying and competing priorities
$100,000+ / year, open to negotiation
How to apply: Please click here txdem.co/apply-ED and fill out this form to apply for this position. Resume submitted required; cover letter not required.
Internship Program: Spring
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Political Interns. Interns will gain hands-on experience working at the Texas Democratic Party’s statewide headquarters located in Austin. This is not just another paper-pushing internship — you will learn about modern political campaigns and play a role in our coordinated campaign effort to elect Democrats up and down the ballot across the entire state of Texas. Interns will be asked to research campaign districts, help create campaign plans, contribute to our communications strategy, and help plan and execute candidate training. Interns will receive a small stipend and must be eligible to receive college credit. No calls, please.
How to apply: txdem.co/Apply-Intern
- Participate in building political strategy for 2021 and 2022; advise senior leadership on implementation
- Partner with senior staff in facilitating cycle strategic planning process
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders (elected officials, candidates, County Party Chairs, allied groups, other partners, etc.)
- Execute political goals for the Party
- Manage political department
- Develop and implement statewide voter engagement programs
- Coordinate with local, county-level, and statewide election campaigns
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Working laptop
- Mobile phone
- Reliable car
Applicants should have at least 5 years of experience working in Texas political and deep political relationships across the state. Someone who has experience building and overseeing a political program as well as managing staff would be a strong fit.
Starting salary is $75,000+ and open to negotiation.
This is a Texas based full-time position and will include some nights and weekends.
February 15th or as soon as possible.
How to apply: Please click here to apply txdem.co/apply-pd.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.