Fall 2021 Internship
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Political Interns. You will learn about modern political campaigns and play a role in our coordinated campaign effort to elect Democrats up and down the ballot across the entire state of Texas. Interns will get the opportunity to conduct research, work with VAN, assist in managing volunteers, create social media content, and support special projects as needed.
This is an entry-level position, though competitive candidates will have some prior political experience.
- Excellent communicator
- You are passionate about electing Democrats up and down the ballot across the state of Texas
- You’re responsible and can complete projects in a timely manner, ask questions when they arise, and can ask for help when needed
- Can work independently or as part of a team
A computer is required for this internship. The internship is located in Austin for the Fall 2021 term
Compensation is $15 an hour.
Apply here: txdem.co/Apply-Intern
Senior Digital Director
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking a Senior Digital Director to manage our cutting-edge digital program within our messaging team in Austin, Texas. The Senior Digital Director will be expected to contribute to and lead key organization-wide projects including fundraisers, digital and in-person events, elections messaging and GOTV, the Texas Democratic Convention, and all things digital!
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about fighting Texas Republicans, working on the ground to build Texas Democratic Party infrastructure, implementing cutting-edge digital programming, and flipping Texas blue!
- Manage email, digital fundraising, social media, website, texting, and content production programs, including managing, training, and mentoring staff;
- Partner with the Senior Communications Director, senior staff, and Party Leadership to protect, build, and refine the Party brand;
- Develop and implement Texas Democrats’ digital engagement strategy, including community mobilization, message amplification, and influencer engagement.
- Lead Texas Democrats’ digital rapid response to major current events;
- Oversee the writing, editing, and approving the content for our email list, social media platforms, video production, and shortcode texting platform;
- Oversee maintenance of the Texas Democratic Party branding;
- Manage and create branding, website, and all creative assets for the 2022 Texas Democratic Convention and lead in digital organizing efforts around Convention;
- Work with finance, political, and communications staff to achieve online programmatic goals;
- Monitor social media and news outlets for breaking news and messaging opportunities; and
Perform other related duties as requested by the senior leadership.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills, including at least three years of experience directly managing paid staff;
- At least three cycles of digital political work experience, demonstrating an ability to make smart, strategic decisions when faced with difficult political circumstances;
- Familiarity with digital and social media platforms and a sense of excitement for new innovations in digital communication, mobilization, and organizing;
- Familiarity with online organizing platforms and/or website CMS & CRM (ActionKit, MobilizeAmerica, etc.);
- Previous experience with managing teams of 4 or more people;
- Familiarity with AP style writing;
- Excellent people, written and verbal communications skills;
- Responsive and positive team player who enjoys versatility and constant new challenges;
- Strong knowledge and experience using HTML/CSS, Django;
- Optimization and A/B testing;
- Design graphics assets for party-wide digital needs;
- Adobe Creative Suite;
- SMS texting software & campaigns such as MobileCommons;
- Comfortable working under deadline pressure;
- A willingness to work long hours as needed; and
- A strong commitment to Democratic values.
- Working laptop
- Mobile phone
- Reliable transportation
July or August 2021
This is a Texas-based full-time position and will include some nights and weekends.
$80,000+, open to negotiation
How to apply:
Please click here/strong> and fill out this form to apply for this position. Attach a cover letter, resume, three references, and three writing samples including writing, graphics (if you have created any assets), or a digital campaign plan.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.