Austin, TX — Earlier this week, Donald Trump introduced massive budget cuts that threaten to derail the lives of millions of Texans and jeopardize crucial programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security.
Listed below are five crucial programs that the Trump/Cornyn budget disaster would dangerously cut in Texas.
- Gun Violence Research — After the horrific mass shootings in El Paso and Midland-Odessa, the Trump/Cornyn budget threatens to derail the Center for Disease Control gun violence research completely.
- Medicare — More than 4 million Texans receive Medicare funding. The Trump/Cornyn budget would cut Medicare by $850 Billion over the next decade.
- Social Security — More than 658,000 Texans receive Social Security benefits, the second most in the nation. The Trump budget would cut Social Security by $30 billion over the next decade.
- Medicaid — Texas already ranks dead last in healthcare coverage and has seen 17 rural hospitals close because Texas Republicans refuse to expand Medicaid.The Trump budget threatens to cut Medicaid even more, by $920 billion.
- SNAP Benefits — 1.5 million Texans currently have SNAP benefits. Trump’s budget proposes slashing SNAP benefits by $182 billion over the next decade, putting 390,000 Texans in jeopardy.
What Doesn’t Trump’s Budget Cut?
Funding for Trump’s Stupid Border Wall.
The Trump/Cornyn Budget Disaster Must be Stopped.