Austin, TX – Texas Democrats recruited a record number of diverse and progressive candidates that are ready to deliver on the issues that matter the most to everyday Texans.
“Texas Democrats are fired up, exceeding all expectations, and turning out to vote in force,” said Texas Democratic Party Chair Gilberto Hinojosa. “Every time Democrats knocks on a door, talk about solutions, and ask for a vote, we take a step towards a stronger Texas. In 2018, we’ve had a historic number of diverse and qualified candidates seeking the nomination, energizing their base and showing Texans that their vote matters.”
Texas Democrats are on track to turnout at higher runoff numbers than in the past 20 years. Early voting alone has likely eclipsed total turnout in past runoff elections.
What’s on the ballot:
- 1 Texas Governor
- 11 U.S. Congressional
- 1 State Senate
- 7 State Representative
- 88 Total Democratic Runoffs Up and Down the Ballot
- 2016 Democratic Runoff: 186,912 (Railroad)
- 2014 Democratic Runoff: 201,283 (U.S. Senate, Agriculture)
- 2012 Democratic Runoff: 236,305 (U.S. Senate)
- 2000 Democratic Runoff: 245,350 (U.S. Senate)