What a night! We witnessed historic Democratic successes in Virginia, New Jersey, our local wins in Texas, and across the country.
We’re so thankful for our Democratic champions and all of the activists who worked to get out the vote. Continuing this work is critical to the success of Democrats in 2018 and beyond.
We are organizing NOW for 2018 in big cities and small towns across our state. Around Texas, Democrats are recruiting and training local leaders to run for office. The generous support of our monthly sustaining donors is key to those efforts. I hope you’ll join them in helping us elect the leadership Texas needs.
- We are the leading organization working to elect Democrats in Texas,
- Texas saw one of the largest increases in Democratic presidential performance from 2012 to 2016 in the entire country,
- There are still 10 Republican-held state house seats, 3 Republican-held state senate seats that voted Democratic at the top of the ticket,
- We swept Harris, Bexar, El Paso, Jefferson, Dallas, and Travis Counties and held Democratic strongholds along the Rio Grande Valley,
- We made inroads in suburban counties like Williamson and Fort Bend,
- We picked up five seats in the Texas House and won the 4th and 13th Courts of Appeals.
We're laying the groundwork to win big in 2018, and dependable monthly contributions ensure we have the resources we need to support Texas Democrats from city council to statewide offices.
We must keep building our Democratic base. We need you to become a monthly sustaining donor because that is how we keep growing. Activate your $25 sustaining membership right now before our November 15 deadline:
If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express,
your monthly contribution will be processed immediately.
Keep an eye out for messages from leading Texas Democrats on the importance of 2018 for our families, our communities, our state, and our country.
Chair, Texas Democratic Party